Amun

" wrote in message
oups.com...

Amun wrote:
" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

I just paid $19.02 for an over/under 20A toggle switch. Where, if
anywhere, can I go to find such items at a significant discount?

Thanks,
William

You do point out that this is rated for 20A
Do you really NEED 20A rating ?

Yes, I need a 20A rating. The switch is for a duplex receptacle.

Most "home" devices are only 15A rated, so this must be a heavy
duty/industrial/vapor proof/hospital grade switch, and is nothing like

the
crap in most houses as far as quality

I am happy to purchase a builder/residential grade 20A switch.

As such it's not that outrageous to pay that much.

The cost of manufacturing is probably very low in comparison to the
final price. Either I am being price gouged or there is a tremendous
amount of inefficiency somewhere along the way.

Even a crappy builder grade 15A stacked switch will be $5.00 or more

post the actual manufacturer's name and the part number so we can tell

if
you got a deal or not.

I did. The link to that information is:

http://tinyurl.com/7qznw

The fuzzy text is typed in elsewhere in my second post.

Hope this helps,
William

According to the link that switch is that much.
And note in the description "commercial grade"

you simply pay more for those, mainly because they are heavier duty and not
that popular.
And the fact is those stacked switches are not that popular even in 15A.
.....you get a better quality switch, but if price is an issue do you really
need it

while you still say you need 20A you also say it's for a duplex outlet.

But what kinds of loads do you plug in there ?

What gauge wire is hooked up to the switch /outlet #14 or #12 ?

what rating is the panel breaker on that circuit. ?

Not that it matters but you would really panic if you priced out some of the
"hospital grade - vapor sealed- stuff"