Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default self levelling floor liquid

"JT1uk" wrote in message
I made that mistake with our dining room floor!
What I am curious about in respect of removing vinyl tiles prior to

screeding
is how important is it to remove traces of the bitumin-like adhesive from

concrete surface. I had the devil of a job with the dining room, making

only a
50/50 job of it with a flamethrower and scraper.

When a job eventually makes you consider setting light to the house because
it'd be easier, it's time to just go for it, in my opinion. Removing floor
tile glue/bitumen is one of those jobs.
Nothing untoward has happened in the 5 years since I put the levelling
compound down and the ceramic tiles we laid over it haven't shown any signs
of movement.

Si