nulli null

If this stuff came from the phone company and was near any electrical
circuitry
it could have been treated with an anti-fungal compound. This stuff does
smell
and it does prevent rot and mildew. I do not know the compound or compounds
used for this. I doubt they are toxic to humans.

Pat
wrote in message
ups.com...
Some lady at the church where my club meets called and asked me to turn
two spindles and fix a rocker thats going in their annual rummage sale.
I'm a nice guy (read can't say no) so I agree to do it free since the
church has been such a great space for us. She brought me the chair and
three sticks of mahogany. I turned the parts this morning and fixed the
chair but apparently the wood was treated with something. It smells
like a railroad tie and I can't get the smell or stickiness off of my
hands and arms. She said after the fact that her brother gave her the
wood and it was from something at the phone company. What would the
phine company use treated mahogany for and what would it be treated
with? I didn't say anything to her but I'm a little worried about this
stuff. I hope there was nothing that could make me sick. I don't feel
great. I don't know if it was the wood or if I was a little sick
anyway.It may be the latter.

JB