pmakesp

Default Workshop Electrics - Good Reference?

In the process of laying a concrete base for a 16x8 workshop which I will be
ordering soon. Base consists of 50mm type1 sub-base and 100mm ready mixed
concrete. I now want to sort out electrics to the workshop and stumbled
across this website

http://popularmechanics.com/home_imp...er/print.phtml

I'm aware that this is an American site but just wondered if it is accurate
enough to follow for my own project (apart from the obvious power
differences etc). My objective is to do as much as possible, e.g. sourcing
all required materials, parts etc and laying the armoured cable etc - then
contacting a qualified electrician to actually connect the circuit. Despite
being technically minded and well skilled in IT - I am not confident enough
to touch electrics and besides, I am unqualified anyway!. I intend to have a
strip light and perhaps 4 double sockets for power tools etc.

Thanks
John