Edwin Pawlowski

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Anyway, are we all in the wrong business? Do these guys really have so
much work that they can be this way with potential customers?

I can get my plumber in an hour if it is an emergency, but routine work is
booked for months. He'll put us ahead of others at times but it can still
be a few weeks. He won't even take calls from potential new customers.

I gave the electrician the "go-ahead" on a job two weeks ago and he just
started today. Probably a three day job for him.

My HVAC guy took three weeks to quote a $7,000 job and it will be another
few before he can get started And this is because he gives us some
priority as we store his boat for the winter in one of our warehouses for
free.

Good tradesmen are in demand and can make a good living. Anyone with the
sills can have a good career with work for life.
Ed