Doug Kanter

"Red Cloudİ" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:49:27 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

I'd try the "major" part of the work, but it involves removing massive
iron
drain pipes from the 1st floor bathroom down to the cellar and replacing
with PVC. I'm really leary of totally disabling the only bathroom in the
house for more than a day, and as we know, EVERYTHING takes more than a
day
when you're learning. And, I really don't know my new neighbors well
enough
to ask if we can plan on using their bathroom for an entire weekend. I've
done faucets and other lightweight stuff, but this is a whole 'nother
thing.

You can buy a porta-pottie for about $50-$75 that will get you through
the project.

http://www.sealandsanitation.com/portable_toilets.htm

The larger model will be closer to normal toilet height, and won't
have to be emptied as often. You can buy thes online or at any RV or
Marine Supply store, such as West Marine, or BoatUS.

For that matter, if you will be saving a grand or two by doing this
yourself, you can get a motel room for a few nights. You don't even
have to sleep there - just use it as a remote bathroom for showers and
such.

rusty redcloud

wrote in message
groups.com...
I was in the same boat as you..... I was in the process of building
a bathroom in my basement. I needed a ejector pump, the sewer lines
and hot/ cold copper run. I got a quote from a friends plumber for
1400.00 for the whole job. I jumped on it! This guy promised he'd
show for weeks at a time and nothing. I called other plumbers in to
get estimates, they never showed either. After a week or so, I just
said the hell with this crap, took a
sledge hammer and started the job myself. Needless to say, I did it
all. I even got a few perminant scars (hot solder + skin = OOOOUCH!)
on my
arm for the job. In the mean time I did get a number for a Master
plumper that charges allot of money. At least this guy shows and does
good work. If I have MAJOR problems at least I have someone to call.

Its a rare find to get one of these guys in (and shows) for a decent
price.

I did upgrade my service in my home to 200amp. The electrician was
recommended by a coworker (his brother inlaw)

The guy showed, did a great job and didnt rip me off at all. In my
appreciation I got him a few more jobs (residental and commercial)

Can I bring a hooker? :-)