I was in the same boat as you..... I was in the process of building
a bathroom in my basement. I needed a ejector pump, the sewer lines
and hot/ cold copper run. I got a quote from a friends plumber for
1400.00 for the whole job. I jumped on it! This guy promised he'd
show for weeks at a time and nothing. I called other plumbers in to
get estimates, they never showed either. After a week or so, I just
said the hell with this crap, took a
sledge hammer and started the job myself. Needless to say, I did it
all. I even got a few perminant scars (hot solder + skin = OOOOUCH!)
on my
arm for the job. In the mean time I did get a number for a Master
plumper that charges allot of money. At least this guy shows and does
good work. If I have MAJOR problems at least I have someone to call.

Its a rare find to get one of these guys in (and shows) for a decent
price.

I did upgrade my service in my home to 200amp. The electrician was
recommended by a coworker (his brother inlaw)

The guy showed, did a great job and didnt rip me off at all. In my
appreciation I got him a few more jobs (residental and commercial)