Dr. Hardcrab

"stevie" wrote

I got one from Home Depot for about $50-60. Brand name was Lux, model
"Smart Temp 9000". Consumer Reports rated it as a really good one.

No offence, but: You have GOT to be sh*tting me! LUX??!!! In what catagory?
Models most likely to crap out within a month?

It's not that I don't believe you. It's just that I can't believe anyone
would rate them high for anything.

YMMV.......

It is not a well known brand (at least I hadn't heard of it). But it has
been in my house for over 5 years and has really worked well.

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
Would it be worth it to buy a $100 Honeywell
thermostat for my house? I've got a cheap one.