John G

"???Seventh Prince" wrote in message
Have tried with thin insulated signal wire and ceramic fuse wire but
PSU will blow out fuse each time. AC voltage is 240V.

Could it be the rectifier is faulty?

I know now that the problem is not with the thin insulated signal
wire. Have tried with other wires and the fuse keeps blowing.

Could I use any wires for soldering fuses? Thanks.

I think you have been told before but you did not listen..

If the fuse blows again the problem is somewhere else in your device.
If the fuse blows again the problem is somewhere else in your device.

The wire you use to connect the fuse will NOT make it blow and will be
fine for the job if the fuse blows and the wire does not burn.
Caution: If this fuse is at 240volts then the wires must be clear of
anything else or properly insulated.

If the fuse blows again the problem is somewhere else in your device or
you are using the wrong fuse.

The power supply may very likely need a SloBlo fuse as the inrush
current could be as high as hundreds of amps for a short time.

You really have not given anyone much of a chance of helping you because
you are stuck on the connecting wire problem.
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?