Robin S.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
The idea is to make a clamp which has no exposed threads to collect
welding spatter.

Neat project.

At school we took a course on robotic welding. One of our projects was to
make a fixture to hold parts together while the robot welded them together.
I found it kind of interesting to figure out how to cover all the important
parts to prevent splatter.

Yours is a neat idea, definately something to keep in mind. Our sister
company does the welding lines for panels so this isn't directly applicable
to me, but I think there are many applications where it's advantagous to
keep things covered up.

BTW, those welds look good. Kind of refreshing to see some *nice* welds...

Regards,

Robin