Chris

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message
snip
I was told, a number of years ago, that Stanley made a number of Sears
tools, like levels, squares, etc. AND that in order to have that
contract for millions of sales, that ANY return of the item by a
customer would have to be backed up by Stanley. In other words,
"we'll sell millions of these for you, you have to put our name on
them, but if they break, you have to eat 'em".
I would imagine the same applies to other suppliers of their tooling.
Ken.

I would wonder if it was even worth the overhead of returning and accounting
on most of the tools. This is of course assuming that they ship it back to
the manufacture.
Come to think of it, nothing was done register or computer wise last time I
exchanged a tool. Go figure. You would at least think that it would screw
up the inventory. Maybe that explains why the tools I need to exchange are
always out of stock.

Chris