Christopher Tidy

RoyJ wrote:
6013 is a piece of cake on clean steel.

For a fillet weld with one leg vertical and 6013 try these settings and
angles:
Rod tipped 15 degrees into direction of travel (dragging not pushing)
Rod 30 to 35 degrees off of the horizontal surface (pushing the puddle
into the vertical piece.
Tip of the rod 1 diameter from the work
110 amps on 1/8" (3mm) rod)
75 amps on 3/32" rod
length of weld should be 1/2 to 2/3rds the length of the rod consumed.
no weave, watch the puddle, make sure it flows to both surfaces. Move
that way if it doesn't.

Thanks, Roy. I'll try those settings. One thing I think I've been doing
wrong is to hold the electrode at too great an angle to the horizontal
(probably 45 degrees). This is because the handle of the electrode
holder or cable catches on the bench if I don't. I'll have to figure out
a way around this.

Chris