Ken Sterling

Our robotics team just acquired an old Craftsman 12" lathe and it came
with limited tooling. If anyone in the SF Bay Area has old tooling
they are going to throw out, we are interested in taking it.
Specifically, we are looking for some old carbide tipped or carbide
insert tools, but we can also use regular tooling and toolposts. We
are open to buying used tooling, but we would like the option of seeing
it in person rather than buying sight unseen. Thanks,
woodworker88
Los Altos High School Eagle Strike Robotics Team
www.lahsrobotics.org

I very well may get flamed for this, but I would concentrate on HSS
tooling rather than carbide, as the 12" Craftsman lathe can do better
work with the HSS. A quick-change toolpost with toolholders would be
a good way to go. The old lantern toolpost works, but is a bit of a
pain and timewaster. The quick-change is to much nicer to use and is
quite a bit more rigid (which permits nicer work). Check e-bay, and
your local "scandel sales" papers in your area. There is stuff out
there - and some can be had for a song, but you just gotta look a bit.
HTH
Ken.