George E. Cawthon

AKA gray asphalt wrote:
Would it be worth it to buy a $100 Honeywell
thermostat for my house? I've got a cheap one.

It probably won't save you any money, or at least,
it will take a long while to pay off the $100
Honeywell.

If your current thermostat is the old round,
spring kind that lets the temperature fluctuate
several degrees, then get a modern digital one.
It will make your house much more comfortable;
mine made a huge difference in comfort when I
installed it. I've had mine for several years but
it cost only $34; I think current models sell as
low as $45.

You don't really need to spend $100. The kind
that anticipate the change in temp probably won't
do much for you. Mine has three times during
weekdays, and two times during weekends. Two
times for all days would be just fine.

Get a Honeywell.