Carolina Breeze HVAC

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
newskwPe.5090$ct5.3021@fed1read04...

"stevie" wrote in message
I got one from Home Depot for about $50-60. Brand name was Lux, model
"Smart Temp 9000". Consumer Reports rated it as a really good one.

It is not a well known brand (at least I hadn't heard of it). But it has
been in my house for over 5 years and has really worked well.

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
Would it be worth it to buy a $100 Honeywell
thermostat for my house? I've got a cheap one.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Lux, rhymes with SUX and trust me....we replace a hundred of those POS stats
a year.
Look to Robertshaw, Honeywell, or White Rodgers, but for damn sure dont
throw good after bad wtih a Lux, or a Hunter stat.
Wait till you get one, that simply says.....I dont know what freaking temp
it is, and I dont care.LOL....