kiich

Hi

John Rumm wrote:
kiich wrote:

a) the Blue cable connected to another cable's (which i will come onto
later) Green cable using a plastic clear 'thing' (excuse me the

This "thing", does it look like:

http://www.internode.co.uk/images/misc/connector1.jpg
http://www.internode.co.uk/images/misc/connector2.jpg

Also have a look at order code "UY BUTT" on http://rswww.com

It looks like the pictures from your internode.co.uk addresss - NOT
like the one from rswww. i.e. it has no yello or blue bit.

If so then there is a fairly good chance the wiring was done by a BT
wireman since the splice connectors (for that is what they are) shown in
the fuzzy piccies first off are BT special versions of the more generic
scotchlok parts listed by RS.

ok - so does that mean I can call BT to have the wiring back to
'normal' way that I'm used to for free??

b) the Blue and White cable connected again with this clear plastic
thing with green + white wire of the same cable from above.

Note that none of the above is connected to any wall socket yet - it's
just been done outside.

They usually do it in a box of some sort, although the connectors are
filled with a silicone gel so that they are waterproof.

Sure enough, they are greesy

All other wires from the BT's incoming line is not connected to
anything.

Common enough - they will lay on more than they need to allow for future
expansion or rectifying faults. (I had a new line installed, and they
could not find a spare pair that worked - so they had to dig a trench
and lay new cable - I now have an additional 10 incoming pairs (9 unused)!)

OK - so what does that mean to my non-NTE5 master socket? This socket
now has nothing connected to it and yet my broadband still works when I
connect the router direclty to the NTE5(d)'s test socket...

so have i now got 1 master socket or 2?

it has the back plate which is the same - and the green and green+white
wire is screwed onto A and B of this back plate.

but the lower plate has the following:

2,3,4 ans 5 IDC
AND
another CS, CB, CA, B and A IDC ??!!

A = exchange A wire
B = exchange B wire
CA = ADSL filtered A wire
CB = ADSL filtered B wire
CS = ADSL filtered shunt (or "ring") wire.

So what goes where then?

so what are these CS,CB etc for? and how do i wire the rest??

Use the C? versions to run to any extension phone sockets that will not
be connected to a ADSL router/modem. A & B go to pins 2 and 5 on a
standard socket, S to pin 3.

ahah - ok then, my next question - when you say "A & B go to pins 2 and
5 on a standard socket, S to pin 3", which standard socket do you
mean??

You see, I don't have any other socket apart from this NTE5(d) now -
and from what you just told me, I must use the CA,CB and CS for any
extension phone sockets that will not be connected to a ADSL router -
well I now have nothing connect to CS,CB,CA - but what exactly do i
connect to them?

And as for A & B - which pins 2 and 5 do you mean? the 2 and 5 that is
also part of the remove-able lower part of the fron plate?

Using what cable? i ask because i couldnt find in say maplins...

I just want to know what the hell is going on with the wiring!!

Wire all the normal sockets with the C? lines, wire a dedicated socket
for your ADSL device from the AB lines (assuming you don't want the ADSL
devise plugged into the RJ11 on the front of the filter - in which case
ignore the A & B wires on the IDC of the filter)/

I have a micro-filter that came with the BT broadband package - which
has 1 normal telephone socket at 1 end and then 2 splitter - one for
ADSL and other for phone.

Looking at the back of the lower part of the NTE5(d) face plate, all
the C? lines are soldiered on to 2,3,5 at the back - is that correct?