kiich

Hi

That is a digital NTE5 - part of an old Home Highway installation

Thanks for confirming - but why would that make my BT broadband not
work when I wire everything as i described earlier in the post??

Change the NTE5(d) for a standard NTE5 or ask BT to do it for you.

well i took your advice and rang BT - they quoted me =A3145 minimum
charge for them to come on site, take the NTE5(d) out and put a normal
NTE5 back in and wire back to normal!!! Is this reasonable??? surely
not??

How much does NTE5 cost anyways?

I was reaslly disappointed with BT - they said no matter what the
previous owner did to the phone wiring, if I wanted them to change back
to normal, i would still be charged...