Harry Bloomfield

-=D@n=- laid this down on his screen :
"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
-=D@n=- wrote on 26/08/2005 :

I'm not on a witch-hunt for this guy, but I think the kitchen people are
about to try and charge me for this work, when I didn't request it in the
first place. If they do, then I'd like to be able to ask them to come
back
and finish it properly.

1. The cable should have been provided with some mechanical protection,
it is against regulations to install the bare PVC in a wall without
this.

Unless it's more than 50mm deep?

Well, the cable appears to be 10mm, and less than 20mm deep into the wall.

Which means it requires mechanical protection.

2.5mm should be the cross sectional area of one of the copper cores,
not the overall width of the grey plastic.

I also wonder about qualification of the installer under Part P?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)