carl mciver

"Chris" wrote in message
SNIP

| You are 100% correct, nothing wrong at all. Although, it must be
upsetting
| to have $40k in Snap On tools and see almost the same stuff in Lowes at
1/2
| the price. I am sure they are coming off the same machines. Weather they
| are using the same stock and other processes I am sure is in question.
|
| Even more interesting is to see what the Snap On truck drivers think about
| the rebranding.
|
| Only wish a Lowes was closer.
|
| Chris

I made a similar crack to a Snap On salesman that makes a mint selling
to Boeing. I was talking to him about a software package for managing
tools, and he swore up and down that Snap On makes their own tools. Always
have, and always will. That doesn't mean that Snap On doesn't make tools
for others, though. After all, the numbers and letters are stamped in an
operation after the tool is usually initially forged, before heat treatment,
and it's the forge that's the big ticket item.