Dave Hinz

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:24:11 -0400, Chris wrote:

One of these days I am going to ask one of these kids some questions.

1. Why a rear wing on a front wheel drive? Have you seen some of these
things.

Well, it's inversely proportional to their, let's say, "endowment".

2. If your exhaust is 1" from the motor back. What good does a 6" chrome
tail pipe do?

Chrome. It's _chrome_. Adds 3 horsepower right there, just being
chrome. Nothing new about that, though.

3. Why buy a new $14k car, drive it off the lot, next day put $6k of 18"
wheels and tires on it the next day? Why not just buy a $20k car.

Because then they can put the VTEC emblems on a stock car and be more of
a poser, with less recurring costs. or something.

4. What in the world are those neon lights under the car for?

Um, a way of saying "I'm young and stupid, and will look back at this in
embarassment in years to come"?

5. Why spend $200 on a carbon fiber shift knob?

It's _carbon fiber_. (See above regarding _chrome_). Sheesh.

6. Do you know what Posi means? How about glass packs? Pushrods?

I'm sorry, but pushrods really, really, really, are an idea whose time
has passed. But yeah.

7. You are 18 and someone actually gave you a loan on a car?

Bank of daddy, anyone?

8. You spent $6k on your stereo in the car; why not spend a couple more
pennies and tighten down the darn license plate????

It's K3wl when the plate rattles from the subwoofer. You did miss a
memo or two, didn't you.

What lies in the future of collectables? A Hyundai with 18" rims, neon
lights under the car, and a 4" exhaust pipe.

Naah, the collectable will be the _one_ Honda which wasn't all riced out
by some wannabee.

Am I getting too old?

You're asking the wrong person, I think.