Chris

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:34:28 GMT, Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote:

Hey, it's made of metal so it's on topic. Anyway, I've been thinking
about a new project (dangerous!), more of a mental exercise really.
Putting together a car powered by a Norton 750 motorcycle engine.
Since it runs great and the bike is wrecked the motor should go into
something. So I have been looking around for a 4 to 6 speed
transmission with reverse that weighs less than 60 pounds. No luck
yet. Crosley transmissions are pretty light I think. But hard to find.
And not cheap. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Eric

Get a nice little tranny (5-sp) out of an old Geo Metro at the
junkyard.
Ken.

I thought about those but they are all transaxles. I would rather have
a rear wheel drive. For no good reason though. Except rear wheel drive
cars are easier to do doughnuts with.
Eric

And I thought you were into that new fade out on the west coast. The one
that came from Japan. What is it called..???? Floating, fagging,
flashing??? Something like that. The one were they slide around in a front
wheel drive.

Chris