Don Bruder

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:

OK, this morning I welded it, and yes, the allthread was tight but it came
right
out with Vise-Grips and then I was indeed able to chase the threads with a
tap
(they only bound right around the weld area, as though they'd somehow shrunk
right there) and then the threaded piece moves smoothly throughout. Cool. I
wound up doing something different than I'd said. I faced off the coupler nut
and installed it on the allthread in place, but not jammed. There was
actually a
very small range of radial location where the allthread didn't rock slightly,
and the threads didn't bind at all. I welded it right there without clamping,
then like I said, chased the threads. Bingo. - GWE

Dang... I'm smarter than I thought

Glad to hear it turned out, Grant. All-thread can be magic in some
situations. Looke like this one was one of them.

Now, you can send the $50000.00 use-of-idea license fee to my honme
address, at: toMD0046nnDF&YT#5)%)%)%)%)%)
Nt54 D%3eG^&gj&*Gi 7y4FGkl(&O,l]\-8KL^$L:tb_)B 0gJ HG8954lM o7rmh
)_(^FKLU$LKHT$$
Dratted line noise... hope it didn't screw up the address beyond
recognition and cheat me out of my last chance at fame and fortune.
Well, fortune, anyway...

Anyway, good luck on the rest of it, and let us know how it turns out -
Whatever the heck it is!

(Or have you told us already, and I just missed the message?)

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.