I too am not a great typist. I spent years and never got to be a touch
typist. Finally changed the keyboard layout to the Dvorak layout and
struggled for about a month. But now can touch type.

I have had people tell me that the speed improvement of a Dvorak
keyboard is not very great, and I suspect it is true for those that
have good finger dexterity.
But for me it made a lot of difference. Now if I was only a good
speller......

Dan

carl mciver wrote:

Grin! For some reason, despite the occasional caps locking incidents, I
am learning to type faster and faster, all with bad form, of course.

At work, the company expects people to be more and more computer savvy,
but has yet to offer a typing course.