Mortimer Schnerd, RN

TWS wrote:
an alternative is to assemble it on the floor, laying on its front,
and then tilt it upright. While you still have to deal with the
initial weight of the jointer in tilting it, the lifting weight will
reduce rapidly as you get it upright and you don't have the unstable
condition of having the massive weight of the jointer unattached to
the base - a very risky situation indeed.

I bought an 8" jointer earlier this year and got a buddy to help me lift the bed
onto the base. I thought it was going to be dicey but it turned out being a
piece o' cake. It was pretty stable even before I got it bolted down. You may
be worrying about a problem that doesn't exist.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE