carl mciver

"jk" wrote in message

| On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:03:56 GMT, "carl mciver"
| wrote:
|

| My left pinky finger is crooked from a stupid ER doctor who never
| learned about tying fingers together to get them to heal straight, so
I'm
| hitting the caps lock all the time either in place of or at the same
time I
| type the nearest letter. That damn "a" does it every time, and it would
| really suck if the key was a sticky one!
|

| Hey Carl,
|
| Hey, I do that all of the time too, but I have no ER doctor to blame.
| jk

Grin! For some reason, despite the occasional caps locking incidents, I
am learning to type faster and faster, all with bad form, of course. For
those of you who know what a manual typewriter looked like, we had to be
able to do 20 WPM before we could move up to an electric. It was a classic
typing course. Do kids even have typing class in schools nowadays? My kids
have gone up to 8 grade and none have used one, although they don't type too
well either.
At work, the company expects people to be more and more computer savvy,
but has yet to offer a typing course. That chaffs my hide, because some of
these folks are barely legible. Of course it shows they went to public
school where writing skills wasn't as important a class as condom
application.