Brian Lawson

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:03:56 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

"B.B." u wrote in message
newsoNotSpamthegoat4-
SNIP

| How about using a piece of internally threaded tubing the entire
| required length, then sink a hole into the material large enough to
| accept the tube and 3/4" deep, and weld the tube in place? Might be
| easier to make and guarANTEES GOOD THREADS. SORRY, I HIT MY CAPS LOCK
| KEY AND THE FRIGGIN' THING IS STUCK NOW. DAMNIT!

My left pinky finger is crooked from a stupid ER doctor who never
learned about tying fingers together to get them to heal straight, so I'm
hitting the caps lock all the time either in place of or at the same time I
type the nearest letter. That damn "a" does it every time, and it would
really suck if the key was a sticky one!

Hey Carl,

I'm a terribly sloppy slouchy typer (notice I don't suggest typist - a
skill I don't possess), and have always had trouble with in-advertent
key-strikes. Now in the old days, you just went back and corrected.
But with the advent of these "smart" keyboards, if you hit one of
those keys in the bottom row inadvertently and keep typing because
you're watching the key-board instead of the product, you can do lots
of nasty things, some bordering on disastrous. So I just "pop" them
off any new keyboard I get.

And to the "stuck key" poster, you can pick up whole computers for 5
bucks at garage sales around here, or 2 dollars for just a key-board.
New ones start at $15.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.