Brian Lawson

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:13:11 GMT, "Jerry Foster"
wrote:

I have no idea of what you have, but what you "need" is an experienced lathe
operator who can give you some guidance. Lathe "tooling" (depending on what
you already have) is not all that expensive, especially if you buy a few HSS
tool blanks and grind them as needed.

I would suggest you visit the folks at West Valley Live Steam (meets 4th
Friday evening at SLAC) or South Bay Metal Workers (meets 2nd Tuesday
evening in Cupertino) where you could find people who have spent a lot of
hours bent over a lathe who would be more than willing to share their rather
considerable expertise with you.

I am a member of both groups and would be happy to introduce you.

Jerry
"woodworker88" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hey Jerry,

I took it to be a 12" Craftsman WOOD-turning lathe from the OP's
description. Your suggestion has great merit in any case!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.