Betsy

Most likely there is a big rubber gasket down there at the bottom.

I've never used Marvin, but have used Pozzi (now Jeld-Wen) and they work
great!

wrote in message
oups.com...
We're thinking of replacing the double-hung windows in our 1930s house
with Marvin Tilt-Pac sash replacements, since the frames are in good
shape. My only real worry is whether the seal will be tight at the
bottom, where the new sash meets the bottom of the original frame. The
bottom of the frame has peeling paint, etc., and I can't imagine that
even if we sand and re-paint the frame bottom, it will provide a good
seal when the new sash is closed. Has anyone had experience with Marvin
Tilt Pacs who can advise on this issue? (I have received one response
on this issue on another board, saying that the bottom has a flexible
seal; I wonder if anyone has a close-up picture of this?)