John

"Will" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"-=D@n=-" wrote in message
Grunff wrote:
-=D@n=- wrote:

Erm, I dunno. I can't unplug it without dismantling it

But how much dismantling? When you remove the cover, do you have
finger access to any electric terminals? Or are you just removing the
chimney?

Just removing the chimney. The chimney slots on top of the actual
extractor, and the plug is under the chimney.

You really are desperately looking for something to crib about aren't
you?

I have to say, I think that he is right to "crib", if I
understand his situation correctly...

It appears from his posts that in order to isolate the hood, he
has to partly dismantle it. In the event of a fault, there may not be
time, particularly if tools are needed to do so...

You are coming in late in this thread, the OP has already admitted elsewhere
his wording looked that way. In any case it now appears that "dismantling"
simply involved pulling off a "cosmetic" cover to reveal the plug and
socket.
If the fault is such that an immediate danger exists then the most sensible
course of action is to evacuate the room. A normal fault would simply cause
the fuse in the plug to operate as it is designed to do.