Jerry Foster

I have no idea of what you have, but what you "need" is an experienced lathe
operator who can give you some guidance. Lathe "tooling" (depending on what
you already have) is not all that expensive, especially if you buy a few HSS
tool blanks and grind them as needed.

I would suggest you visit the folks at West Valley Live Steam (meets 4th
Friday evening at SLAC) or South Bay Metal Workers (meets 2nd Tuesday
evening in Cupertino) where you could find people who have spent a lot of
hours bent over a lathe who would be more than willing to share their rather
considerable expertise with you.

I am a member of both groups and would be happy to introduce you.

Jerry
"woodworker88" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our robotics team just acquired an old Craftsman 12" lathe and it came
with limited tooling. If anyone in the SF Bay Area has old tooling
they are going to throw out, we are interested in taking it.
Specifically, we are looking for some old carbide tipped or carbide
insert tools, but we can also use regular tooling and toolposts. We
are open to buying used tooling, but we would like the option of seeing
it in person rather than buying sight unseen. Thanks,
woodworker88
Los Altos High School Eagle Strike Robotics Team
www.lahsrobotics.org