Andy Hall

Default Gas compression fittings - how to make good?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:00:23 +0100, "kipper"
wrote:

Only Corgi registered plumbers are allowed to connect gas supplies to
appliances

No, we've been through this. Please check earlier threads.

The law requires:

1) Anybody doing gas fitting work to be competent. it does not
define "competent"

2) an employed, self employed person or a firm doing gas fitting for
reward must be a CORGI member and, by implication, be appropriately
qualified.

3) In the case of work on properties rented out, all work must be done
by a CORGI fitter.

The law does not exclude somebody from doing gas fitting work on their
own property but does require them to be competent. The HSE has the
responsibility for enforcement and acknowledges that DIY gas fitting
does take place. It does not say that it is illegal and moreover
does not believe that it causes problems that require legislation.

"Steve North" wrote in message
. com...
I'm about to connect the gas supply to my newly installed boiler and I
need some advice about the compression fitting used. As supplied it is
just a standard tap type connector with a fibre washer as the seal. Is
this sufficient? Do I need to wrap the threads in yellow PVC tape or
apply any sort of compound? Any other things I need to know?

TIA

Steve

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl