Bob Eager

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:40:06 UTC, --s-p-o-n-i-x--
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:30:57 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Bit like Calgon ads.

Has anyone *ever* had their washing machine fail due to limescale?

I have had burst pipes, knackered bearings and seals, worn out brushes
etc but never a failure that I can attribute to limescale. (I live in
a very hard water area)

Agreed. Our Hotpoint is 11 years old and there's never really been a
scale problem. I did clean some off the door seal seating tonight, but
the real leak was the soap drawer-to-tub hose (well, its cable ties).

Still has the original element - so far! We also live in a very hard
water area.
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com