Prometheus

On 24 Aug 2005 23:52:09 -0700, wrote:

Arch wrote:

and what the refugees from civic clubs aka

officers & board members

Refugees from civic clubs?? WELL SAID. All but one of our board
members is retired, and those guys take turns passing around the job
when voting time comes around. So no one new ever gets in.

I swear you must have been there, at least in spirit. Hey... wait a
minute... you didn't sneak down here to our club meetings in your late
disappearance from here did you? Is that how you pegged it so close?

Nah, there's no need for anyone to spy on any particular club to know
the score... I was made a Mason when I was 23, and the description
fits them to a "T" as well. I soldiered along with it for several
years because I liked the philosophies and allegories in the
literature, but it just isn't worth my time (and money) to finance a
retired folks' coffee night for the one minute a week when the central
ideas are mentioned in passing. Too bad, really- but that just seems
to be the way any social group like that ends up, unless there is some
sort of pressing goal or mission.