John Martin

Eric R Snow wrote:
Hey, it's made of metal so it's on topic. Anyway, I've been thinking
about a new project (dangerous!), more of a mental exercise really.
Putting together a car powered by a Norton 750 motorcycle engine.
Since it runs great and the bike is wrecked the motor should go into
something. So I have been looking around for a 4 to 6 speed
transmission with reverse that weighs less than 60 pounds. No luck
yet. Crosley transmissions are pretty light I think. But hard to find.
And not cheap. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Eric

If the only problem with the Norton transmission is its lack of
reverse, maybe it would make more sense to try to add a reversing gear
down the line than to find a complete gearbox with reverse. Maybe a
marine forward/reverse gearbox, for instance.

Just promise us you'll never shift out of first when in reverse.

John Martin