Martin H. Eastburn

And to add to Gunners add a hose to the bottom exit - I'd like to add this :

1. drop the tank pressure to almost zero if not. It runs out just fine.
If a little pressure exists then splatter can occur. High pressure rust isn't nice.
If you do have a pressure release valve like I do on my tall tank
then add a muffler/filter to the exhaust - like I did - I turn the ball valve
and hear a sound but not ear splitting. It makes taking off high pressure
hoses easier and in some cases safer.

2. If you run a hose - you could add an electric switch to dump it. Think Washing machine
spare part - control valve with rubber hose connectors (I think it is a bleach port)..

This way then allows you to press and control from a safe distance or an inside spot
on a rainy or icy day and the tank needs purging.

Sounds so good, I might do it. I have said value in my stores.

Another concept is to use an automatic switch - maybe some water control - rain bird...

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:29:04 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

"B.B." u wrote in message
newsoNotSpamthegoat4-

SNIP

| Don't use the evaporator. First, it's a mother****er to get out of a
| car or anything else; second, it can't take a lot of pressure. Instead,
| use the condenser--it'll be at the front of a car, right before the
| radiator, and it's designed to withstand up to about 4-500psi before
| bursting. If you pull one out of a compact car it'll even come with a
| 12VDC fan or two bolted on it, ready to go.

SNIP

So, what difference would there be if I were just to hang it from the
wall in my garage, with some airspace around it (hell, even tilted away from
the wall a bit) and let it work as a passive device? My compressor is just
a 5hp with a 20 gallon tank.
I've got one or two condensers from a couple cars I've parted out. How
worth it is to plumb one between the compressor and the tank? I'd have to
attach it to the tank somehow, but wouldn't that be more efficient than on
the outlet of the tank? There would have to be a large pipe to act as a
collection point, and it would be a heck of a lot easier to get to for
emptying instead of reaching to the bottom and having it splatter crap all
over the floor!

Do like Ingersol-Rand and most other manufactures do. Mount the
condenser (after cooler ) on the guard over the fly wheel of the
compressor, so the fan built into the flywheel (pump pulley) pulls air
though the condenser, and pump it into the tank. The water falls out
inside the tank, and is drained normally. You Can put a hose on that
drain and run it outside....

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner