Roy

Keep looking for a number and keep hounding those HD
folks.........sooner or later you'll get the right person on the
phone. This past SUnday the wife and I went to Auto Zone for some oil
and filters, some plasticote paint, grease etc etc for the vehicles
and equipment that needed changing and maintenance pulled on. We stood
in line for over 45 minutes with only two people ahead of
us......while the so called counter man shot the bull**** with a few
"sisters" standing off to one side, and everynow and then would ask
the customer the same questions over and over, and enter the stuff in
the computer, and shoot the **** some more, grab his crotch every
other minute, and flash his gold teeth........It was gettingold fast
but I really did not want to hit town and have to go another 25 miles
to get the stuff........Finally we get up to the cashier, who is this
same dude, and he is double entering the items, screwing up royally,
and even asked the wife who was writing out the check waiting for the
amount what check number.......etc etc....Get the total, hand the
check over, and the check gets spit back out of the machine, with an
error.........on their part. Then he replied, oh, we don't take checks
right now........well excuse the **** out of me, you watched my wife
write the check you played around for almost an hour wasteing our
time, and your suposed to be the freaking manager? He was standing
here with his head up his ass holding the check when the wife snatched
the check out of his hand and told him to take a flying leap, and out
the door we went................made the trip to town, and hit the
Advance Auto parts store there........first thing the wife did was ask
if they were taking a check today, as she was not about to go through
this same crap again.......to which the manager and counter looked
kind of puzzled, and they said we always take a check if its
good......SO we gather up exactly the same items we had at the other
Advance Auto store, and they ring it up and were finished in less than
10 minutes itme from when we put our foot in the door. I related the
bull**** about the other store, and he was very interested as to what
this fellow that made the remarks and screwing around looked
like......told him long dreadlocks and gold teeth, and both the
manager and the other associate started to grin.........he filled out
a phone number on the back of a business card and told me to call the
number on it that day, as the person would be there, and Advance autop
or any other business can;'t handle having customers walk out the door
disturbed.......Turns out this other fellow was the store manager, ,
and I say WAS as he is no longer employed at Advance Auto. I received
a call from the fellow whose name was on the business card and he told
me that if I go back there to please fill him in on how things are
going, as the person that was the manager had been terminated......One
too many problems with the dude.............

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:54:13 -0400, (Time Traveler)
wrote:

===Has anyone had a bad experience in using the Home Depot 800 complaint
===number?I refer to them taking your name and number and assuming you
===would get a call-back.When you call back they tell you they don't give
===call-backs.They have no answer to see if the problem is resolved,they
===just say they're sorry as if they are reading from a script to answer
===any question.

"The original frugal ponder"