ATP*

"Koz" wrote in message

Time Traveler wrote:

Has anyone had a bad experience in using the Home Depot 800 complaint
number?I refer to them taking your name and number and assuming you
would get a call-back.When you call back they tell you they don't give
call-backs.They have no answer to see if the problem is resolved,they
just say they're sorry as if they are reading from a script to answer
any question.

And the script they are reading is most likely being read from India....

My daughter works for Lowes...complaining to corporate is essentially
useless but I have found that being insistant on seeing the store's
general manager (check the name tag and expect it only during normal bank
hours) usually gets some result. DON'T speak with a department manager
unless you have no choice...they are only one step above burger flipper
and their job focus is often to keep their job by hiding problems rather
than dealing with them. They also sometimes have a position called "zone
manager" which is about the same as department manager.

From there you can be insistant on getting a number and name for the
district manager, assuming the store manager is part of the problem.
Beyond that, you are in corporate hell and will get absolutely no results.

Be specific and clear in examples and names of offending employees and
practices ("that little red-haired gal who walked by" will get no result).
Think of it as a legal prosecution where you back the manager into a
corner with facts and evidence. Who, What, Why, Where, When, How. Never
exaggerate.

One last thing...welcome to the new American business model where
customers are considered disposable nusances. It's a far cry from the old
notion that a customer might only be worth a $ 3.00 sale today but was
worth $ 30,000 over a lifetime.

Home Depot usually bends over backwards to keep customers happy, even their
dishonest customers. I'd much rather get a complaint resolved at HD than at
the typical hardware store.