JohnM

labeana wrote:
Thanks so much John, but I have been looking for these for over a year
lol....I have googled, Yahooed, come up with every combination of words I
can think of but no one even knows what these pivot thingies are
called....and I guess most of the companies who make the ready to use
metal frames you see on the market build that part of it into the whole
thing, so I don't even know if I will be able to find any...I might have
to resort to having them made, which I'm sure will not be cheap....sigh
Well, thanks again, it's nice to know there is someone out there listening
lol...
Lauren

Do you need just the hinge, and you'll cast it into your frame? If so,
the cheapest way might be to buy whole frames and cut the portion of the
hinge you need from them. Better yet, use the whole frame and cast your
piece onto it, that way if you get stiff hinges you'll not have to worry
so much about the cast portions breaking off from the frame.

You might also bend a wire hinge, two eyes that are looped together..
Stainless welding wire might be a good start, it's pretty cheap and
exceedingly tough.

John