-=D@n=-

Grumps wrote:
"-=D@n=-" wrote in message
Sparks wrote:
"-=D@n=-" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have recently had a new kitchen fitted. The supplier of the
kitchen sub-contracted out the fitting, plumbing, and electrics to
three different people. In order to wire up the extractor above
the hob, the electrician took a feed from a local socket, ran it
to where the extractor 'chimney' would be, and fitted a normal
white plug socket. He then plugged the extractor in, and fitted
the 'chimney' to the extractor.

Can you isolate the hood without dismantling it?
(Is there a switch and/or a fuse next to the socket for the spur the
extractor is plugged into?)

Hi Sparks,

in a word, no. The wiring is straight into the spur for the kitchen
sockets, so i'd have to switch an RCD(?) off at the CU(?) to isolate
it. But that would be isolating all the sockets, not just the hood.

Does that mean he's done a bad job?

Is 'isolating' different than simply unplugging it?

Erm, I dunno. I can't unplug it without dismantling it, but I can switch off
the spur that it's connected to. But that would also switch off lots of
other stuff.