-=D@n=-

Tim Mitchell wrote:
In article , "-=D@n=-"
writes
Hi all,

I have recently had a new kitchen fitted. The supplier of the kitchen
sub-contracted out the fitting, plumbing, and electrics to three
different people. In order to wire up the extractor above the hob,
the electrician took a feed from a local socket, ran it to where the
extractor 'chimney' would be, and fitted a normal white plug socket.
He then plugged the extractor in, and fitted the 'chimney' to the
extractor. Now, to me this seems a little bit dangerous. Won't there be
heat/moisture being sucked through the extractor and out the
chimney, therefore close to the plug socket? Wouldn't it have been
better to wire the extractor into a fused plate-thing somewhere away
from the actual appliance? The same electrician was due to return last
night to wire up the
lights in the units, but he didn't turn up. No phone call, nothing.
If this extractor wiring is in any way dodgy, he's not coming near
my house again.

Sounds fine to me ... surely the heat/moisture you are worried about
is inside the extractor ducting, and the power socket is outside it?

Yeah, yeah I suppose it is. It just didn't seem right to me. Oh well, I'll
leave it as it is.

Thanks for your reply.

Dan