Richard Waters

Jasen Betts wrote:
In article , Richard Waters wrote:

I need to separate the glass globe from the metal base - does anyone
know a way of doing this while still keeping the 2 halves intact?

use a propane blow torch (or gas flame etc) to heat the base of the
bulb until the adhesive in there lets go. (you'll smell it)
That'll get you an intact glass part. and a metal part with melted solder,

if you need a virgin metal part too you'll need to take another bulb and break
the glass out of it,

*NO* Im not a bomber or an idiot, but close, Im a Professional Magician!

you may find that glazing silicone or hot melt-glue does a better job of
sticking the two halves back together.

good luck

Bye.
Jasen

Thanks Jasen and Phil!

Ill be giving them a go this weekend - I got a mate who has a
professional paint removing heat gun, if that doesnt work I have a
mechanic mate that has a blow torch!

;-)

Cheers for the ideas! :-)

--Richard