Adam Smith

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevens...earhobbing.txt

Also try the yahoogroups mwmills2, there are a bunch of Model Engineer
Workshop articles on diy hobbing machines.

John Stevenson pops in occasionally on mwmills2, diycnc and here. His posts
are always worth reading, you might try googling "stevenson gear hob".

Adam Smith
Midland, Ontario, Canada

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
The recent thread about choosing gears for the drive train in a gear
hobber left me wondering. You can hob gears by driving the blank with the
hob itself. I just rented a video by Jose Rodriquez that shows how to do
it. There are also web sites showing hobbing with hob-driven blanks.
This technique seems to work well enough. What makes the
independently-driven blank process better enough to justify the highly
increased complexity?

Thanks,
Bob