I certainly don't have a clue why they would interfere, but then again
I don't see why they would make that reason up. Now if they said that
was the problem & there was nothing they could do about it, that would
be a different story. However, since they are sending you a new board &
a new light that would say to me that yes there was a problem & they
did something to remedy it.

For the record I have no affiliation or dealings w/ Wayne Dalton, but
they are a large company in this industry & when there are a large
number of units in use, the manufacturers are usually pretty good in
determining what causes a problem as crazy as the problem may sound.

That's my 2-1/2 cent opinion anyways.
Doordoc