EricP

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:31:14 +0100, David Hearn
muttered and said:

Got a leaflet through my door today advertising Scale Manager 2. Now I
know these electronic descaling devices are disputed whether they work -
I personally don't think they do - but what I'm posting about is the
practically impossible claims they make. I quote:

"For example, a household with a quarter inch (7mm) of limescale using a
kettle 5 times a day, 2 x 30 gallon tanks of domestic hot water a day
and a washing machine 3 times a week. Over a 10 year period could save
a householder in excess of £3,000, assuming an inflation rate of 4% per
annum." (then: Energy consumption figures supplied by East Midlands
electricity 1996).

So - ignoring the inflation bit (which is firstly high, but also I don't
think would make a huge difference to this) - they say that you'll SAVE
just under £300 per year. "costs may be reduced by 37%". So, they're
thinking you spend £1,000 a year (£83 a month) on heating water?

Does this sound right to you (not them saving money - but the figures
stated).

Send it urgently to Trading Standards. That is so blatent it's fraud.