Ken Moon

"Arch" wrote in message
Hi Ken, Glad you are safely home after a wonderful vacation trip.
Before air conditioning, Western North Carolina used to be 'Summer
Florida'. Asheville's baseball team's name was "Tourists".
Much, much more than that now...a great state to live in or visit.

=======================
I lived in NC a couple of times, but that was during my USMC days and Camp
Lejeune was not an ideal vacation spot.
I grew up in the southern end of the Appalachians, and we were always cooler
during the summer than those down at "ground " level. One summer, we went to
the Smokies in August, then down to Myrtle Beach, SC., about a 40 degree
temp difference.

RCW's staid old family men won't admit it now, but I bet some of us in
our salad days, green in judgement (and hangover) awakened in a hotel
room wondering why and where.

While I was still doing X-ray field service engineering work, that was not
an unusual situation.

Ken