C. Bailey

Default Moisture coming through Stucco Wall

I just bought a house. The house is 3 years old. It has a stucco exterior.
For the last day, it has been raining with a strong wind (we haven't had a
lot of rain before this). The rain is hitting the walls (normally the eve
protects the walls somewhat). I now have a constant drip from the top of
one of my windows in the basement (walk out basement - drip is about 8 or 9
feet above grade). I pulled the insulation and discovered the plywood is
saturated with water. I inspected the stucco exterior and it appears
normal. I pulled insulation above a couple other windows. The plywood is
slightly damper, but not dry like it should be. Any thoughts as to what the
problem might be?

Is stucco a water proof coating, or is there supposed to be tar paper behind
it?

Chris