Al Bundy

Pounds on Wood wrote:
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message

I've read that steel-belted radials *must not be* plugged.

Perce

I've plugged them many, many times, and never had one fail. Always have
driven them until time to replace the tires. However, I only use the plugs
that are like a pipe cleaner covered with tar. I don't like the rubber plug
style. The pipe cleaner style do not need adhesive, other than the tar
saturation.

Those are the regular radial tire plugs and they can be used with the
glue also. I always do use plenty of glue as it helps the plugs slide
in the hole. There are occasions where it takes more than one plug and
it can be hard to push through. As I clean the hole I decide whether a
single or multiple plug is needed. As with another poster I prefer to
use the closed loop tool so I can push through and pull back the nose
of the plug.