Martin Bonner

Steve Firth wrote:
Huge wrote:

I'm tired of buying 25kilo bags of mortar mix for small
jobs. And if you keep it hanging around the cement goes off and the damn stuff
won't set any more.

We have to use lime mortar for the main building. Which is actually much
better than sand and cement. We used to buy it in large (25kg) tubs from
the lime center and it doesn't go off at all in the tub. Use some,
reaseal it, leave it in the garden for months, open and use again as
necessary.

Now however the lime center people have gone weirda dn will only sell
dry sacks of the stuff, and that's as bad as sand and cement.

Anyone know where to get fine stuff/coarse stuff and lime putty in tubs?

This is the point where we really need Anna Kettle.

I've always got lime putty from Anglia Lime (they're only a few miles
from me). It HAS been a while since I bought any.