Steve knight

Hey Steve, a couple of question for you. I know that you use a lot of
exotic hardwoods for your planes.

Is the Delta sufficient for that kind of work?

well it is for me because I seldom do large pieces of wood. if Aiwa
running full boards through it would not be.

Did you wear out your original Delta planer faster because of the kind of
wood you use?

no not really. the rubber shreaded because the wacky way I do things.
the knives acutely go longer because tearout is less of an issue.

And not that I am pitching another kind of planer or anything, but wouldn't
it make sense to go to a bigger planer?

no because I work with smaller pieces of wood.
so a bigger planer would need me to stay with longer pieces. plus I
vary the thickness so much it would be a pain to adjust a larger
planer all the time.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes