Thanks guys. I checked the PTO clutches out and they might be OK.
The TDK guys use one on a dyno at over 10,000 rpm, but it is not
continuous.

Here's my application and my requirement:

I will have a jackshaft that drives the 18" rear wheel of a 1981
Kawasaki 550 GPZ motorcycle.

Driving the jackshaft is the 65 hp engine and/or a pair of Golf Cart
motors or another hunking dc motor.

The Kawasaki is rated at about 40 pound feet.

If the engine is off the gear case is unlubricated it will heat up and
it will burn the gears.

If the engine is driving, why spin the motor(s)?

I'd like to freewheel or at least engage/disengage both powerplants.
Any dog clutch ideas?

If the rear wheel is spinning at 1,000 rpm and if the sprocket driving
ratio is 1:3, the jackshaft will spin at 3,000 rpm.

Always open to new ideas.

Boyntontu